There is a melancholy in the romantic mood that creates a feeling of fantasy, something dreamlike. Romantic mood is different from erotic or sensual. Romantic behavior tells us that he/she loves and cares us. While sensual mood is more alive and passionate.
There is a number of essential oils that you can play with to achieve your own booster either for romantic or sensual mood. You can choose according to your specific needs and creat your own blend for the occassion.
Rose Otto is the classic romantic essential oil.
Some ideas of blending can include:
- 2 drops Rose Otto, 2 drops Benzoin, 3 drops Frankincense, 5 drops Bergamot
- 5 drops Ylang Ylangand 7 drops Citrus (Lemon, Wild Orange or Bergamot)
- 3 drops Rose Otto, 3 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Ylang Ylang, 2 drops Patchouli, 2 drops Jasmine, 2 drops Cinnamon
- 3 drops Sandalwood, 3 drops Jasmine and 5 drops Citrus (Bergamot or Wild Orange)
- 3 drops Sandalwood, 3 drops Ylang Ylang and 3 drops Bergamot
One of the blends that is suggested for massage by Gill Farrer-Halls at The Bible of Aromatherapy for creating a romantic mood, named Exotic Fantacy, contains the following essential oils:
15 drops Rose Otto
15 drops Neroli
5 drops Lemon (Citrus lemon)
5 drops Verbena Verbena
5 drops Benzoin
3 drops Marjoram
2 drops Clove
2 drops Mimosa